Wednesday, September 10

In Case of Emergency

So with the impending arrival of Hurricane Ike likely late this week/weekend, I was thinking... "Man, we couldn't have picked a better time to go on our vacation to Kansas." Then, within the same few seconds of having that thought, my thoughts shifted to my Babies, who will be left at Premier Pet Resort and Spa while we are gone. My thoughts got a little irrational as I started to imagine them all alone in a strange place with water coming in all around them.


I had to calm these thoughts, and quickly! I called the Resort and asked what their procedures were in case of a weather emergency. I was a bit shocked when the girl who answered didn't have an answer. But she was very friendly, and said she was meeting with the owner in about an hour, and would call me back with an answer. The place is very new, and granted we don't have very many weather emergencies, so I was ok that she didn't have an immediate answer.


As promised, she called me back after her meeting and here's what I found out:


*They are a FEMA approved facility (which means they can actually take in pets during emergencies)
*They have onsite generators
*The building is in a 100 year flood plain
*The building is all concrete
*The pets are housed on the bottom floor, so even if something were to happen to the roof, the pets would still be protected


After receiving this news I was able to finish my day relaxed and comfortable that my Babies will be ok while we are gone next week. When I got home I told John what I had found out, and though he didn't directly say it, I know he was thinking "Geez, my Wife is neurotic."

No comments: