Friday, March 13

Is that a Gopher I hear?!?

Every now and then we hear a beeping that sounds like a smoke detector when the battery is low, but it's not consistent and we can't figure out where it's coming from. It has beeped again the past two mornings and today I get the following email from John...

Oh and we still have some stupid detector chirping at home as of this morning. I took about 15 minutes before work trying to figure out which was doing it. I was standing in the kitchen facing the coffee maker and heard the chirp 4-5 times about once every 30 seconds behind me. Presuming it was coming from the hall or my office/the cat’s room, I stood in the hall for about 2 minutes. I didn’t hear a chirp. ~_~

Went on my way and heard it again… sounded like it was coming from by the back door. I then decided it was the carbon detector by the back door. I grabbed a battery and was in the middle of getting on the ladder to replace it, a chirp came from behind me…

That didn’t make sense as I replaced the battery in the one outside our bedroom last night. The one inside our bedroom didn’t make a noise. I just waited again for about 5 minutes, didn’t hear another chirp.

As I was going out the front door… something chirped again.


I swear, we have a gopher in our ceiling.

No comments: